Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Top 10 Young Adult Paranormal/Vampire Books of 2013 Review

Well, it is finally 2014. Or, some of you may say, it’s 2014 already? Whichever category you fall into, ready or not here it is!! Happy New Year Everybody! Hope everybody has a year full of blessings in 2014!

I want to start the new year off with a couple TOP ?? LISTS to start the year off with. This first list is a sort of review of the Top 10 Young Adult Paranormal/Vampire Books of 2013. I searched Google for the top young adult vampire books for 2013 and the link to Goodreads was on top. One of my goals as a writer is to have one of my books on this list one day, so I saw it fitting to talk about it as I start my writing journey.

If you notice there is a huge trend with the Young Adult Vampire books. Every book in the top ten list is a part of a series. So, lets get started…

#1 is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. This is the first book in The Mortal Instruments Series. I personally have read this book and it is really good. My wife and I were just discussing it earlier. She says it is difficult to follow. She has had a hard time getting into it. I personally enjoyed it very much. Mrs. Clare did a great job creating a world all her own.

#2 is also a part of The Mortal Instruments Series. Wouldn’t that be great to have book 1 and book 2 on a top list like this? Congratulations Cassandra! I know you are very proud of all the hard work it took to pull this series together.  This Book is called City of Glass. I read this book as well and it is amazing. Cassandra Clare is a great author and is doing very well with this series. I even heard recently they were in the process of shooting the movie for this series. I can’t wait to watch it!

#3 switches to the Vampire Academy series and is the first book in Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy series. I don’t know what it is about this book, but I have tried to read it twice now and can’t seem to get past the first few chapters. I know it is apparently a great book because lots of people are reading it, or it wouldn’t be on this list at #3. But, then again, not every book is for every body!

#4 goes to none other than Cassandra Clare once again with her third installment in The Mortal Instruments series. Book 3 is titled City of Ashes. I haven’t personally read this third book yet. I always seem to have something I want to read, or write, more than this one. When I buy this book I really need to reread the whole series. I am certain I will get around to it one day!

#5 is titled Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I am not at all familiar with this series, but congratulations on making the top 5 Becca! Goodreads says this bok is #1 in the Hush Hush series. I will definitely be checking into this series in the future. I’ll just add it to my mountain size to be read pile. LOL.


#6 is one of the best series I have ever read, and I promise you I have read A LOT of them. I think it is amazing that even several years after the books initial release it is still in the top 10. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is a great series. Yes, I know some of you out there are biting your tongues because you despise the series. But, like I said earlier, not every book is for every body.

#7 is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I haven’t read this series yet. I watched the movie and it is AMAZING! This series is definitely very high on the to be read mountain, though. This book doesn't really pertain to the Paranormal/Vampire genre, but congratulations on making the list Suzanne!

#8 & #9 both go to Richelle Mead with her second and third  Vampire Academy books. Book 2 is titled Frostbite, and Book 3 is Shadow Kiss. Again, Congratulations on having two books in the top ten list. My dream is to have only one on the list. I can’t imagine how awesome it is for Richelle, Cassandra, and Stephanie having multiple books there. One day I plan to get around to reading this series. I hope I can make it through book 1 someday.

#10 is also unknown to me. The final slot for this top ten list goes to Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. This is the first book of The Wolves of Mercy Falls. This is another series I will definitely try to check out. This sounds like a great series after reading about it on Goodreads, and it has some amazing reviews. You should check it out.


I hope you enjoyed my Top 10 Young Adult Paranormal/Vampire Books of 2013 Review! I look forward to an exciting new 2014 year. Many blessings to each and everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment